Re: DSM: [SVS Discussion Board] Re:

Scott David Gray (sdavid@tiac.net)
Thu, 18 May 2000 07:04:28 -0400

This isn't an issue of self regulation, actually.

The web-based message board is forwarded to this mailing list because enough of
the messages on that board are questions that many of us on this list want to
see and answer immediately.

The personal-ish messages making their way to this list are being sent to a
general-purpose web board. My question is, should we (this list) stop listening
in at the other conversation.

1) In favor of continuing to listen in -- so people on this mail list see a
brand new question relevent to Sudbury Model School simmediately.

2) The disadvantage -- that we get all the OTHER traffic that a web-based
message board is subject to.

The Booroobin Sudbury School wrote:

> Hi Scott,
> It would be great if the subscribers to the list can be self regulating, and
> that only SVS model education was discussed. However, filtering should be
> used if self regulation doesn't work. Timely reminders may be necessary
> from time to time, such as Mimsy's message ought to prompt. Personal
> messages should be forwarded direct. I would be concerned about time being
> spent to undertake the filtering.
> Regards, Derek
> The Booroobin Sudbury School
> http://booroobinschool.squirrel.com.au