DSM: [SVS Discussion Board] Re: The rucus caused by my last post

webmaster@sudval.org
Wed, 17 May 2000 09:29:31 -0400

   MESSAGE: (#143) Re: The rucus caused by my last post
   AUTHOR: Alexander Feldm <feldmoj@hotmail.com>
   DATE: Wednesday, 17 May 2000, at 9:29 a.m.

   Reply To: (#140) Re: The rucus caused by my last post
   Author: Joe Jackson
   Date: Wednesday, 17 May 2000, at 8:19 a.m.

: Yeah but it beats the hell out of cooking your own food on the days that you
: come home and you're so tired you want to retch.

: -Joe Jackson

To say that upscale restaurants are evil, only proves that you have no
understanding whatsoever of fine cuisine as an art form. You might as well say
that the louvre is satan's playground, symphony hall has naught but damnation
contained within, or that to read a great book is equivalant to purgatory.

Food can be art. In the more upscale establishments food is (to me) the most
beautiful thing one can experience. I would go so far to say; Fine cuisine can
bring mortals closer to nirvana than any religion.

The food is not the only aspect of fine dining worth mentioning. An excelent
service is a beautiful thing. Nothing compliments your meal better then a
refined waiter, gracefully coming to your table, knowing the answers to your
questions, pouring a wonderful glass of wine (which has been recomended by a
perceptive sommallier,) even the skilled use of a peppermill, can be
entertainment. I don't care if you have the best food in the planet, if your
service sucks I'm eating at the bar-b-que place down the street.

I come away from a great dining experience richer, despite the money spent. If
you can not do the same I truly pity your closed minded nature.

And Joe, I understand where you're coming from, not wanting to cook and all.
Personally the only thing I prefer to the experience described above is being
on the other side, and cooking it myself.

That is all I have to say.

Alexander Morse Feldman.