DSM: [SVS Discussion Board] Re: Young People with Emotional Disturbance

webmaster@sudval.org
Wed, 17 May 2000 09:28:09 -0400

   MESSAGE: (#142) Re: Young People with Emotional Disturbance
   AUTHOR: Gerald Phillips <gfp.jutta@cableinet.co.uk>
   DATE: Wednesday, 17 May 2000, at 9:28 a.m.

   Reply To: (#137) Re: Young People with Emotional Disturbance
   Author: Reverend Graham
   Date: Wednesday, 17 May 2000, at 1:02 a.m.

: You may interpret what I say any way you want. Whatever floats your boat and
: gives comfort to your callous, ignorant ego is fine by me. But I am not
: "expelling vocabulary" for any reasons less justifiable than
: those of any other idiot on this forum. Good day to you.

Dear Alex and Graham It was not my intention that my question about young
people with emotional disturbance should produce a sense of hostility between
you.

I think that the term 'Emotional Disturbance' can appear prejudicial to the
young people to whom i refer. This certainly was not and never would be my
intention. My question would apply to anything which is disturbing to the
youngster, either internally or externally and which could, perhaps, be
ameliorated by the ethos of a Sudbury Valley School.

With Kindest Regards

Gerald