RE: DSM: Maneuvering around state regulations (long)

Joe Jackson (shoeless@erols.com)
Thu, 4 May 2000 15:43:38 -0400

> In Nevada, all private and parochial schools must
> follow the same guidelines as public schools.

That's too bad. I think perhaps the reason state governments on the East
coast give a wider berth to church schools than they do on the west coast is
that there are many, many non-trad church schools which have been around a
long, long time that would likely have the resources to make the government
accountable, in court, for what certainly would be religious persecution
(e.g. Quaker and Amish schools).

-Joe Jackson from Fairhaven