DSM: RE: Re: state laws allowing Sudbury schools

Joe Jackson (shoeless@erols.com)
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 22:43:17 -0400

Joe from Fairhaven School in Maryland;

> This is Stuart Williams-Ley from Cedarwood Sudbury School in
> Santa Clara, CA.
> Kathy Stilwell asked:
> << A while back someone posted a message listing four
> states whose education laws would allow the existence
> of a Sudbury model school. Does anyone remember what
> those states are?
> Kathy Stilwell >>
> I didn't see the original post, but it's evident that it was
> mistaken. There
> are Sudbury schools in 14 states: Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts,
> Connecticut,
> Pennsylvania, Maryland,

Actually Stuart, the education laws of Maryland do not permit a Sudbury
model school to operate within the state. We're just smarter than Maryland
is and fashioned an end-around. ;)

-Joe Jackson
shoeless@erols.com
http://www.jazztbone.com