Re: DSM: [SVS Discussion Board] questions

The Highland School (highland@ruralnet.org)
Fri, 04 Jan 1980 14:05:37 -0500

  While it is true that we have had a predominantly white student body
over the past 19 years, we have had a number of students from a variety
of ethnic, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds. Aside from
international students from Asia, Europe, and Africa, we have had
Jewish, Native American, and Puerto Rican kids from this country. None
of these students have had any problems 'fitting in' at Highland. We
value diversity because we've seen how different perspectives enrich our
school. In a small rural mostly day school, attracting students from
diverse backgrounds is a problem. That's one reason why we'd like to
increase our boarding population. Candy Landvoigt