Re: DSM: [SVS Discussion Board] questions

Msadofsky@aol.com
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 21:19:47 EDT

Dear Alan,

The reason I think we are part of the mainstream is because we have such a
wide variety of people and such a wide variety of problems, issues, and ideas
come up. Very young kids deal with very real world stuff like justice, how
to spend money, who to hire, etc. AND they go into the community all the
time. Isn't that as mainstream as you want them to be? Sure we are not part
of the majority, but it is not a little island apart, but very much attached
to the culture outside.

We certainly never stop doing outreach. Pinning down what outreach works
best is the hard thing!
Mimsy