Re: DSM: [SVS Discussion Board] Re: Child Safety

Tina (tls@ziplink.net)
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 00:04:34 -0400

At 11:41 PM 4/12/00 -0400, you wrote:

>How do you handle adults living or working in a dangerous area? They could
>easily be killed, kidnapped or raped. How could you allow an adult to wander
>around given the potential actions of others?
>
>~woty

This is, unfortunately, an area where you really can't equate children and
adults. Children tend to be "preyed" upon by a certain segment of society
simply because they are children. The elderly and the handicapped have the
same problem. Further, they are physically smaller and weaker than the
average adult (I'm referring mostly to the younger child here); even if
they had the experience and wisdom to deal with these situations, they are
simply not physically equipped to outrun or overpower an adult.

T.