Re: DSM: [SVS Discussion Board] Re: Child Safety

Rayner Garner (intuit@ncal.verio.com)
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 10:43:25 -0700

You don't have to be living in LA to be concerned about safety.
We had just moved out of a community in a rural area, (Lake County)
 into a
secluded house. Unbeknown to us, the local branch of the KKK
had a meeting house along the trail to the main road! A very
violent and scary intrusion into our house led to us having
to move to Sonoma county where we thought we would be safer.
(My children are Eurasian, which apparently was the reason
for the hostility.)

We have now discovered that the KKK is
also active here. The sheriffs here suggest that I get a
concealed weapon permit and install security devices! In spite
of it's charm and beauty this area has a high rate of child
abduction, rape and assault. Not to mention racial hostility.
I can understand why any school places certain restrictions
on venturing outside the premises. We seem to have bred a
high proportion of predators in this culture. Tragic.
Rayner Garner