Re: DSM: Clearwater School

SEArenas@aol.com
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 18:16:54 EST

Hi Anne,

Well it's not quite the Atlantic Monthly, but the local parenting
newsmagazine Seattle's Child (which I work for) did an article on the
Clearwater School in fall 1998. It's posted on our website at
http://www.nwparent.com/scripts/Northwest/paper/Article.asp?ArticleID=1268

Also the Clearwater School's website should have a link to this same article.
If you haven't been to their site yet, it's at
http://www.clearwaterschool.com.

Good luck!
Shelley Arenas

In a message dated 3/3/2000 2:45:45 PM Pacific Standard Time,
anne_rich@hotmail.com writes:

<< Subj: DSM: Clearwater School
 Date: 3/3/2000 2:45:45 PM Pacific Standard Time
 From: anne_rich@hotmail.com (Anne Richardson)
 Sender: owner-discuss-sudbury-model@sudval.org
 To: discuss-sudbury-model@sudval.org

 Hi!

 I have just stumbled across Clearwater School, which is a Sudbury-model
 school. My original plan was to unschool my daughter at home so I am
 delighted by the concept as it is clear that it would be better for her to
 be with other children.

 I have read over some of the things on various Sudbury school websites thus
 far. However, I would welcome any information on articles from 'outside'
 sources similar to the one on Waldorf education in the September issue of
 Atlantic Monthly.

 Can anyone out there help me?

 Thanks,
 Anne >>