Re: DSM: Re: Slavery, Education, Political Philosophy, Caring, Human Rights, Effecting Change

WarOnTies@aol.com
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 18:13:39 EST

In a message dated 2/6/00 10:09:37 AM, sdavid@tiac.net writes:

<< I return to fundamental political principals (you can tell which person
in
this group is NOT a parent himself, I guess). >>

If you are talking about me, you are correct that I am not a parent. However,
I get my ideas about parenting *from* parents, as well as my own thought. I'm
not just pulling it out of my ass.

 << It is acceptable for a religious family to assume, for example, that
an
infant (until she makes it plain otherwise) is practicing the same religion
that
the parents are and to baptize or circumcise as appropriate. >>

With reversable stuff, I would agree. However, circumcision is a permanant
thing. This also doesn't justify doing something someone clearly objects to...

~woty