DSM: RE: Majority Rule vs. Consensus

Joe Jackson (shoeless@erols.com)
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 10:40:52 -0500

Joe from Fairhaven

I agree with the points made in support of democracy and would add that
literally thousands of decisions have to be made in starting and running a
Sudbury Model school. We have lots of people who are almost as stubborn and
opinionated as I am. If we ran all of our meetings via consensus we wouldn't
have gotten the school started. If we had less stubborn and opinionated
people, we probably wouldn't have even tried to start a school.

Joe