Re: DSM: Dismal according to their own measure...

Martin Perkins (jperkins@erols.com)
Tue, 05 Oct 1999 12:01:48 -0700

"The urban poor are often so shell shocked , for example, that they have
little will to do anything, let alone attempt to learn skills that they
cannot imagine having any use."
Who are these "urban poor who are shellshocked, with little will to do
anything". I bet they would be surprised to be represented universally
by anyone as shellshocked and without will. Your conclusions, regardless
of how they are gathered, are certainly painted with a broad brush. What
shows up for me is you are making statements to support your conclusions
rather than gathering phenomenon and allowing that to be the basis of
your conclusion. Marty in Maryland