Re: DSM: one more thought on SV model and home schooling

Joe Jackson (shoeless@erols.com)
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 23:12:47 -0400

>My point is - you don't need a degree to succeed! You can succeed with a
>dream, faith in your natural ability to learn, and a good dose of
>motivation, determination and creativity.

I agree! I am a big fan of training, and in so many areas a college degree
can offer a strong technical background that will serve a person for years;
however our society has grown so reliant on the college degree as an
external and usually artificial measure of a person's success...

As a fellow "undegreed" person whose career has not in the least been
hindered for lack of academic credentials, you have my strong "Amen"!

- Joe Jackson, shoeless@erols.com
*****
Visit Fairhaven School's website at
www.fairhavenschool.com