DSM: Re: Re: Re: Re: homogeneous/home schooling

Stephanie Sarantos (stephanie@snonet.org)
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 08:18:57 -0700

This follows on Joe's recent post:
Your points are well taken, as always.
In reading your post, I see some of what happens as a thread wanders around
on the list.
The precision of words can limit the ability to speak and try to approximate
our meanings.
I don't think people on this list or in the world are dangerous or silly, or
invalid. And in reading your take, I agree that most people are writing
about their experiences rather than generalizing.
I can see that I sometimes react to the strength of peoples opinions and
reactions to other opinions in a way that closes me to the discussion. And
I sometimes interpret the disagreements in a negative way or even as
hostile. Maybe they are, but it is more helpful to the discussion to see
different opinions as that--more helpful as it can open up my own thinking
to different points of view.
Stephanie Sarantos
The Clearwater School
...love as powerful as your mother's for you leaves its own mark. Not a
scar, no visible sign...to have been loved so deeply, even though the person
who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever. It is in your
very skin. -Dumbledore