Re: DSM: Home Schooled Kids

Jennie Ladew (jennie@ziplink.net)
Sun, 08 Aug 1999 19:10:58 -0400

At 06:43 PM 8/8/99 -0400, 1:"4:9" wrote:
> The experience I have had with kids that are home schooled, is that they
>are very shy, and they tend not to interact well with others.
>-Sam
>Brad Withers wrote: Could you expand on this? >Besides, homeschooled kids
>have always struck me as a little automaton-like. Brad
> --

It's too bad you both have had such limited exposture and are so determined
to see through eyes that only want to view one lens as the right way to
educate. I saw this thread a year or two ago and it was pretty slanted, and
then finally several people who had homeschooled or knew homeschoolers well
piped up and disagreed, rightfully so. As always people are people. I am so
glad that I am more open minded. If you had met one of the Sudbury kids or
another child totally out of context, they might be shy as well depending
on age, personality, etc.

Jennie