Re: DSM: religious school = more military like?

Joe Jackson (shoeless@erols.com)
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 18:33:23 -0400

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Brad Withers <spungulas@odyssey.net>
    To: Joe Jackson <shoeless@erols.com>; discuss-sudbury-model@sudval.org
<discuss-sudbury-model@sudval.org>
    Date: Sunday, August 08, 1999 2:45 PM
    Subject: Re: DSM: religious school = more military like?

    Could you expand on this?

>Besides, homeschooled kids have always struck me as a little
automaton-like.

    Brad
In 95% of the homeschooled kids I've ever seen, I've consistently noticed an
distinct pleasantness, a conspicuous need to please others, a lack of
independence and, for lack of a better term, a lack of spark.

Maybe it's me, but I am more comfortable seeing kids with at least a little
bad attitude and rebelliousness.

Larry Davidson writes:

>The word is "homogeneous," not "homogenous." The root "homo-" comes from
>the Greek word for "same."

So if the word "home" comes from the latin origins of the root "homo", then
the flavors of the words "home" and "homogeneous" should match.

- Joe Jackson, shoeless@erols.com
*****
Visit Fairhaven School's website at
www.fairhavenschool.com