Re: DSM: Mass state laws/private schools

Sharon Stanfill (sharons@juliet.ll.mit.edu)
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 17:01:02 -0400

Ah, well, that's a shame! I believe that down in New Jersey, charters are given
considerable freedom. (ALthough I don't know if something like an SVS model
would fly even there.) Hmm...an interesting approach to try might be coming
from the angle of helping out the town - by taking an annoying and empty building
off their hands. But that would require ALOT of research!

----- Begin Included Message -----

>From owner-discuss-sudbury-model@sudval.org Tue Jul 20 16:55:06 1999
From: EEast36154@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 16:37:50 EDT
Subject: Re: DSM: Mass state laws/private schools
To: discuss-sudbury-model@sudval.org
Sender: owner-discuss-sudbury-model@sudval.org

Sharon and all-
Nope. We tried that, too. We were actually encouraged to apply for a charter
- and there was lots of interest on the part of the people at that point -
but when all the paperwork was done we were turned down quickly. Charter
schools here still have to conform to the usual.
Betsy

----- End Included Message -----