Re: DSM: Re: RE: RE: RE: religious school = more military like?

Scott Gray (sdg@sudval.org)
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 15:32:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 17 Jul 1999, Joe Jackson wrote:

> >Accreditation is is only valuable insofar as one wants the respect of the
> >accrediting organization. If the accrediting organization's criterion are
> NOT
> >ones that a given school would be proud to declare itself as adhering to,
> then
> >it doesn't make sense to seek accreditation from that organization.
>
> That is not correct - SVS is accredited by the town, and MA won't shut you
> down. If that were not the case, SVS would certainly be making the NEASC
> decision using a far different criteria, and I bet pride in being a member
> would not be one.

Sorry. I was using the term "accreditation" to mean "giving credit to".
Not licensing ("allowing to operate"). I was clearly addressing a
different issue than you.

--Scott David Gray
reply to: sdg@sudval.org
http://www.sudval.org/~sdg