Re: DSM: offical stamps of approval

Mike Sadofsky (sadofsky@mediaone.net)
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 14:47:24 GMT

This is an interesting point, and my assumption about teachers at the
traditional prep schools is that they commonly have taken a different
path than teachers in public institutions. But I wonder what basis
you have for your claim that "traditional (New England) prep schools"
avoid the accreditation process? I just took a quick look at the list
of chools accreditated by the new England Association of Schools and
Colleges, the same association that Sudbury valley School deals with
in its accreditation process. It seems to me that the traditional New
England prep schools, are by and large included in the member roster.
I am very interested in any data to the contrary.
Mike