Re: DSM: diplomas

tina (tls@ziplink.net)
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 18:36:50 -0400

That was the reason for the "most" branches of the military <g>. Navy has
taken the GED for as long as I can remember. Army started very recently (a
few months ago). Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard still require a diploma.

Marines are the ones that get me. My brother-in-law was a Marine, and I
spent a week at Camp LeJeune right before his unit shipped for Saudi. One
of the more, um, interesting experiences I've had, but it left me with no
insight as to why they need a high school diploma <g>.

T.