Re: DSM: diplomas

Sharon Stanfill (sharons@juliet.ll.mit.edu)
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 10:30:25 -0400

I didn't mean to imply that an SVS diploma wasn't acceptable to the military -
merely that I didn't know, but that I did believe it was one of the few cases
in which you actually have to show someone some sort of offical paper. And,
it has occurred to me that up here in Mass, I don't know what if any
requirements the state and/or town require of any private school. I imagine
that if Mass ever starts handing out any sort of voucher, there could
then be some sort of credentialing. (At least for schools taking vouchers.)

How does any private school acquire a reputation anyway? (Outside the immediate
geographical area, at least.) And, how much do future employers care anyway?
Do they tend to just accept a prospective employee's word about being a grad?

Sharon