DSM: Job Opening - Puget Sound Community School

Andrew Smallman (andy@pscs.org)
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 15:46:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Everyone!

I am pleased to announce that Puget Sound Community School has a job
opening for this coming school year. Please feel free to forward
liberally and send any questions you may have my way.

Note, interested applicants should be instructed to contact me in order to
receive an application packet. And hey, one of the interesting things
about this job is much of it can be done from the employee's own home.

Thanks for your help!

        ---Andy

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Andrew Smallman, Director
Puget Sound Community School - http://www.pscs.org
andy@pscs.org - http://www.pscs.org/~andy/
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

        PUGET SOUND COMMUNITY SCHOOL -- Job Opening Announcement

                APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM COORDINATOR
        (10 month, part-time school year position, renewable each year)

I. Administers the Apprenticeship Program according to, and in agreement
with, the programs goals and objectives, in support of the PSCS mission
statement.
        - Responsible for recruiting mentors and, in partnership with the
students and mentors, for arranging & scheduling apprenticeships
        - Responsible for maintaining regular communication between
mentors and the school
        - Supervises and, as needed, evaluates mentors and apprenticeships
        - Makes regular apprenticeship site visits
        - Regularly queries students about their apprenticeship interests
        - Regularly attends weekly circle to discuss the apprenticeship
program and share new opportunities
        - Keeps a compendium of apprenticeship resources/opportunities
within the community
        - Assists with volunteer recognition

II. Models and promotes open, honest, and effective communication among
all constituencies.
        - Meets with staff members as needed to discuss school matters
        - Participates in community-wide events
        - Is computer/Internet literate

III. The Apprenticeship Program Coordinator is directly supervised by the
School Director.

Salary, benefit package, and specific number of hours are negotiable and
dependent on experience and enrollment. Interested candidates are
encouraged to apply. Interviews will take place the first week of August.
Send resume and request for further application materials to:
        Andrew Smallman, Director
        Puget Sound Community School
        PO Box 85298
        Seattle, WA 98145
or via email:
        andy@pscs.org

        Puget Sound Community School Mission Statement:
The mission of the Puget Sound Community School is to honor the uniqueness
of students by trusting their natural abilities, respecting them as
individuals, and providing them educational opportunities in which equal
status is given to all pursuits. We invite the participation of all people
regardless of race, gender, ability, or sexual orientation. PSCS is
dedicated to being a leading example of community-involved education.

        Apprenticeship Program Description:
The purpose of the Apprenticeship Program is to match our students with
adults in the community who are pursuing professions or activities in
which the students have strong interest. In such a setting, the
apprentices develop an appreciation for the unique skills and disciplines
employed by their mentors, are afforded the opportunity to practice and
develop some of these skills, build a personal sense of usefulness and
worth by helping their mentors, as well as gain the experience of sampling
a variety of professions. The mentors, in turn, have the satisfaction of
knowing that they have provided the students with not only unique learning
experiences, but expert guidance that could help chart their futures.

For more information, call 206-524.0916, email andy@pscs.org, or visit the
school website -- www.pscs.org