Re: DSM: Re: diplomas

P Rehn (alpacas@bendnet.com)
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 12:50:28 -0700

my life experience: left high school in 1970 to attend college full-time
after two years of high school. I never got any sort of certification
regarding high school. After a year of college, no one cared. The
college never cared that I had not completed high school. High
school diplomas dont matter as long as you have some college.
(IMHO)
i have an MS in geochemistry now, hold a patent and run my own
consulting firm. As far as I can tell, ultimately all that mattered was
the MS. The BS was not enough. Several clients have wondered why
I did not get a PhD but settled for the patent, essentially. (not that
the patent was anything like a PhD but it was just a measure of
credibility)
My son will never attend high school (we have no subury options here)
but will now take community college classes as well pursuing his own
interests. (now 14 with two community college classes at 12)
Patty