Re: DSM: Re: diplomas

Sharon Stanfill (sharons@juliet.ll.mit.edu)
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 13:53:25 -0400

Thanks , Joe! I suppose a student always has the option of getting a
GED too. It's not actually clear to me how necessary a state sanctioned
diploma is - except for when I applied to colleges, I don't think I've
ever had to prove I was a high school graduate - and I don't know (not
surprisingly) what sort of reaction one would get upon listing/presenting
a Sudbury Valley type diploma. I imagine that the military might be a
bit sticky about it - I seem to recall that a friend had to actually
dig up her diploma for that. It seems to me that one could just answer
'high school grad' on most job applications and not have a problem.
Anyone have any info?

Ever curious,
Sharon