DSM: Re: diplomas

Joe Jackson (shoeless@erols.com)
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 12:08:44 -0400

Hi Sharon.

>Just wondering - for those Sudbury Valley type schools
>that offer a high school diploma, how often do they actually award one?

We award one whenever one of our students completes the process for applying
for one, and it is approved by School Meeting.

>What do you have to do to get the state to okay it?

To have an state-accredited diploma in Maryland you have to apply for
accreditation, for which a Sudbury Model school would not be eligible.

- Joe Jackson, shoeless@erols.com
*****
Visit Fairhaven School's website at
www.fairhavenschool.com