Re: DSM: political philosophi?

Odum1@aol.com
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 08:21:56 EST

In a message dated 3/30/99 5:12:02 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ingvarogmalene@post.tele.dk writes:

> I would like to ask any of you, who have been working in this for a longer
> period of time: Is there any political philosophy showing up as a result of
> your work in this school system?

My experience with this form of education and my observance of its success
went a long way towards bringing me to a social-anarchist political philosophy
-- in particular, the more "structured" forms such as libertarian
municipalism. To a large extent, I believe students in Sudbury schools are
modeling society, not simply ideal educational conditions.

On the other hand, I know there are many involved in Sudbury education who
gravitate toward the opposite political extreme. "Eye of the beholder," I
suppose...

JO