Re: DSM: School year

Msadofsky@aol.com
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 21:58:29 EST

Sharon,

I think if you asked kids in Sudbury schools what kind of calendar they
wanted, it would look more like a 365 day one! In the early years SVS was
open EVERY Monday through Friday. Parents, who do the driving, often want a
much more restricted schedule. They carried the day at the time, and probably
still would, because by now staff is used to having days like Thanksgiving and
Christmas off too, so they would have a group of allies.

Kids complain about our calendar -- don't think that they don't, but there has
been no uprising to change it.

Mimsy