RE: DSM: Articulating the process

Joe Jackson (shoeless@erols.com)
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 23:23:05 -0400

On Monday, October 19, 1998 9:42 AM, Sharon Stanfill
 [SMTP:sharons@juliet.ll.mit.edu] wrote:

> Now, how would folks react if a parent (or parents) wanted to send a
child to
> a SV school, but the child was reluctant to go?

We probably wouldn't accept the student.

> Or how about this? What if child and parent(s) wanted to place the child
> in a SV school, but it was clear that none of them had a clue?

That's a "lead the horse to water" scenario. If they don't have a clue in
the interview, the staff member has to hit all of the points. If after
that they still want to do it, it's pretty clear that they are people that
don't know what things are until they are in the middle of it. In that
case their might be a visiting week, or they might be allowed to enroll.

-Joe Jackson
shoeless@erols.com