Re: DSM: Re: independent schools

Martha Fay (fay@tlc.harvard.edu)
Wed, 27 May 1998 10:07:22 -0400 (EDT)

I have no idea what denomination the Fairhaven school has hooked up with,
but to set the record straight, the Unitarian-Universalist Association (a
recognized "church" with a long history in the northeast) accepts all
people regardless of their theological beliefs. I am an atheist AND a
UU. The central tenet of UU is that tolerance for all theological view
points, including atheism. UU religious education includes many classes
on history of religion and world religions. Each individual is encouraged
to create her/his own "theology". So, yes, I can imagine it!!

Martha