Re: DSM: alternative colleges

Jerome Mintz (jmintz@iris.nyit.edu)
Wed, 27 May 1998 22:28:10 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Jen:
I recently took a group of students from Albany's Free School to Florida
to demonstrate democratic decision-making process for a new charter
school. The workshop there was very successful. we fishbowled a real Free
School meeting with the whole school, then broke up into small groups to
have mini-meetings on real school problems, etc. The two staff members who
came with us were a current Goddard student and a Goddard graduate, and we
toyed with the idea of bringing the group to Goddard to demonstrate
democratic process for them!
We'll be going to another new school group in Vermont next week to do the
same thing.

Jerry Mintz
Alternative Education Resource Organizatioon
http://www.edrev.org
800 769-4171