Re: Question

Scott David Gray (sdavid@tiac.net)
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 18:51:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998, Teresa Gallagher wrote:

> Hi, Teresa from Born to Explore here.
>
> Quick question: Someone told me that at SVS, smoking rules are decided
> democratically by the kids, and that if they decide to allow smoking in
> the building, then there is smoking in the building. Is this true? My
> son has serious allergies and needs to be in a smoke-free environment.

Well, to be specific, smoking rules are decided democratically by the
School Meeting (both students and staff), and then must comply with local
laws and regulations by the fire department. There is a single "Smoking
Room" at Sudbury Valley; smoking is allowed _only_ in that one room.

> Thanks!

--Scott David Gray
reply to: sdavid@tiac.net
http://www.tiac.net/users/sdavid