Re: David Green

Naomi Gold (ngold@chass.utoronto.ca)
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 13:35:13 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for posting this letter. It's a refreshing perspective in a
culture which places so much emphasis on acquisition, and which gives us
the continual message, "You ARE what you HAVE." There is, by the way, a
lot of information on the internet about what has come to be called
"voluntary simplicity." Now the "simplicity" of the letter's writer isn't
exactly voluntary, but the point of the voluntary simplicity "movement" is
to break out of this culture's hard-driving emphasis on buying more, newer
and better things.