Re: [Fwd: JONESVILLE EXPLANATION]

Charlie Wilkinson (cwilkins@boink.clark.net)
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 18:13:38 -0500

On Thu, Apr 02, 1998 at 06:35:23AM -0800, P Rehn wrote:
[...]
> Children who molest were molested themselves. Children who hurt
> others like this were hurt themselves. Rage of this level has a source
> much deeper than arcade games, IMHO.

Quite correct. It was Satan-inspired rock music what did it. ;-/

> The public schools did fail these kids, including those who were
> killed. Both of these boys apparently showed signs of extreme
> violence that should have been a red flag to the school officials.
> Most teachers, public or private, conventional or alternative, have
> no training recognizing the signs of abuse, other than bruises or
> broken bones. These violent incidents will only be stopped when
> we can stop the child abuse that precipitates them. This is the
> reality of the problem, not simply TV or public school.

Everyone ignores the warning signs, then when it happens, everyone
wants to know "Why the senseless violence?" "Why did they do it?"
The question ringing in *my* mind is "Why do people ignore these
situations until it's too late?"

-cw-