Re: [Fwd: JONESVILLE EXPLANATION]

Thu, 02 Apr 1998 07:57:30 -0800

P Rehn wrote:
<snip>These violent incidents will only be stopped when
> we can stop the child abuse that precipitates them. This is the
> reality of the problem, not simply TV or public school.

Right on Patty!

But we have to start somewhere. Like Sudbury Valley started from where
they were 30 years ago.

Most of the violence in the world is done under the awesome power of
government. Government is the only institution we give the power to
initiate violence against peaceful persons so I think we should start
reducing its effect on our society(I separate voluntary society from
forced politics) about 1 percent each year until it is almost gone.

Another thing that I propose.

I think that each of us should start lobbying the governors of our
states to issue proclamations:

THE PARENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR CHILDREN'S EDUCATIONS

Dale

PS Some of you would be interested in the final article(which is about
what we are doing to our children) of Ayn Rand's "The New Left: The
Anti-Industrial Revolution." The article is called "The Comprachicos."
The article was first published in 1970.

--
$  dale-reed@worldnet.att.net   Seattle, Washington U.S.A.  $