Re: The Myth of the ADD Child

Teresa Gallagher (hypercog@connix.com)
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 21:33:22 -0700

Born to Explore is my site, and yes there's a book review there. I
liked the book. It's not as radical as it sounds: the author is not
totally against medications (but he thinks they're way overused). He
talks about different learning styles and gives some great tips.

Another great book is The Edison Factor by Lucy Jo Palladino ("Saving
the Spirit of Your Nonconforming Child"). This book covers a group of
kids which goes beyond clinical ADD; about 20% of the population. I
related to this book very, very much. There's The Dynamo, The Discover,
and The Dreamer. I'm a serious Dreamer/Discoverer.

I just ordered another book called ADD and Creativity by Lynn Weiss.

BTW, I reprinted a great paper by Dr. Bonnie Cramond called The
Coincidence of ADHD and Creativity, at
http://www.connix.com/~hypercog/adhd.htm

I've been chatting with Dr. Cramond the last week. She says she's taken
a fair amount of heat from psychologists because of her paper.

All the books can be ordered easily from http://www.amazon.com.

-Teresa