Re: Gender Equality

Sun, 26 Oct 1997 11:37:37 -0800

KleinCon@aol.com wrote:

> > I feel that it is not appropriate for a SVS-model staff to walk into the
> > school intending to counteract the effects of a real or perceived societal evil
> > by doing anything besides representing their views honestly, respectfully, and as
> > an equal.
>
> I couldn't agree more, Joe.
>
> Alan

What if the students and staff decide they want the Pope to be a member
of the staff for a year? And the Pope agrees and everyone realizes that
the Pope being the Pope cannot be expected to treat anyone else as an
equal. The Pope, as everyone knows, is a representative from God and
that is exactly what the majority of the voters that year want, the
presence of a representative from God.

Would it then be appropriate for this particular SVS-model staff member
to treat the students and other staff members as less than equal? Dale

--
$  dale-reed@worldnet.att.net   Seattle, Washington U.S.A.  $