Re: Another Newbie....

Tue, 19 Aug 1997 05:32:00 -0700

George Varghese wrote:
<snip>
> I'm here on an assignment in Boston (Cambridge) for a few months.

Welcome to the U.S. of A. George. We all hope you find your visit
pleasant and a rich learning experience.

> So he told me to try to visit the school and to get in touch with the
> folks there and see for myself how your system works. I'd also like to
> try and establish a connection with the network we have back in India.

Should be easy in cyberspace including these wonderful discussion lists.

> It would be a great opportunity to be able to share in each other's
> experiences and to learn from this process. So it would be a great help
> if any of you could tell me about how to go about this. Would it be
> possible to visit the school sometime? Any kind of information would be
> welcome.

George surf over to http://www.tiac.net/users/sdavid/ and ask Scott your
questions.

> Also, I have heard about the John Holt foundation and would like
> some more information about it. I've heard about the newsletter that
> they publish and would like to subscribe to it for my school back in
> India. How do I go about it? Who do I need to contact?

Surf to http://www.holtgws.com/ and introduce yourself.

And of course Jerry Mintz has his finger in most Alternative
School/Democratic pies so if you have more general questions surf over
to http://www.speakeasy.org/~aero/

And if this info does not suffice then post again or contact me and I
will send you addresses, telephone numbers or whatever you want. Dale

--
$  dale-reed@worldnet.att.net   Seattle, Washington U.S.A.  $