Re: Book List

Sat, 02 Aug 1997 06:29:46 -0700

Juanita Heyerman wrote:

> Dale wrote:
> >I think I will attach a reading list to my School Board Candidacy
> >handout this year. So I have started the list.
>
> Dear Dale,
> Thanks for the very interesting list! A small request: could you
> please put the original publication date of books in your list? If you
> want to add a reprint date after that, fine. But John Holt's "Freedom and
> Beyond" and Dan Greenberg's "Free at Last" weren't written in 1995 - more
> like about 25 years earlier, I think. It makes a big difference when
> you're reading a book to know the historical context it came out of. Most
> publishers include the original publication date, usually on the back of
> the title page. If they don't, they should.
>
> Regards,
> Juanita (a.k.a. Marian the Librarian)

Good point Juanita and I thought about that some but obviously not
enough. It won't be done the next time I send out the list for I don't
have time right now. Also I just added your "Liberated Parents,
Liberated Children, Your Guide to a Happier Family," by Adele Faber and
Elaine Mazlish, 1990. I bought the book that you recommended to the
list over a month ago but have not had the time to even open the cover
yet. But I will very soon. Thanks for the suggestion. Dale

--
$  dale-reed@worldnet.att.net   Seattle, Washington U.S.A.  $