Re: youth & adult education

Scott David Gray (sdavid@tiac.net)
Mon, 4 Aug 1997 18:49:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 1 Aug 1997, Dale R. Reed wrote:

> And the technology will only get better. Soon there will be cameras on
> the tops of all of our monitors so we can see each other, then... Dale

That's better?

Personally, I find one of the best things about the Internet to be the
anonymity. If I post an idea in a newsgroup, nobody has any way of
knowing if I'm a full professor, debutante, house-keeper or a five year
old (and, even if they _do_ know my identity -- because I throw "PhD" into
my signature -- it's not staring them in the face as they analyze the text
of my idea). The idea _must_ be judged on its own merit, rather than upon
the identity of the person making the argument.

That's (one of) the reason(s) that I do most of my web-browsing through
Lynx -- a text-only web browser.

> --
> $ dale-reed@worldnet.att.net Seattle, Washington U.S.A. $

Take care,