Re: the right to pursue excellence (Off-topic rant)

stiobhard (stiobhard@rocketmail.com)
Thu, 8 May 1997 14:50:29 -0700 (PDT)

---Charlie Wilkinson <cwilkins@boink.clark.net> wrote:

> http://www.nonviolence.org/wrl/youth.htm Neat! :-)

'i'm glad ye liked that een, its a good een...'

> I wasn't saying they are operating in our best interests, only that
> they are our best hope for representing our interests - certainly
> a better prospect than Union Carbide and their ilk.

i guess my take is that between union carbide and the government there
isnt a great amount of difference. consider all the politicians that
turn out to be on the boards of major corporations, and all the
corporations that contribute heavily to political campaigns and
lobbying. in my government class this was called the iron law of
oligarchy.
or as jello biafra so emphatically expounds:

"these same names turn up again and again..."

> Next time a cop wants to give me a ticket, I'll lay that on 'im.
> Well... I'll be _thinking_ it while I say "Yes sir, have a nice day
> sir." ;-)

you might get a laugh out of it... ya never know. im a sucker for a
good quote at any rate.

stiobhard