Re: the right to purse excellence

Scott David Gray (sdavid@tiac.net)
Thu, 1 May 1997 22:17:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 1 May 1997 KleinCon@aol.com wrote:

> In addition, you scenario, while entertaining, was lacking in inevitability,
> at least for me. I do believe that SVS, Highland, and thousands of other
> schools (and the families who send their kids to them) would be better off if
> we didn't have to pay twice for our kids' education - once in taxes and then
> again in tuition.

I'll grant that my scenario isn't _inevitable_... But it seems VERY VERY
likely... Especially in a country with education goals 2000, and a
popular President who uses such phrases as 'algebra is the same everywhere
in the country, so lets hold _everyone_ to the same standards and teach
the same curricula'.

> Thanks,
>
> Alan

--Scott David Gray