Re: the right to purse excellence

SwiftRain (swifty@elision.com)
Thu, 01 May 1997 17:03:45 -0400

Scott David Gray wrote:

[snip]
> Sudbury Valley, by these criterion, is forced to close its doors.
> Without question.

You don't need to explain the economics of school vouchers to me.
If you'd like to explain something, I'm having some trouble
understanding the fractional reserve system.

IMO vouchers would not have a substantial effect upon SVS itself.
The parents of SVS students are already undergoing an economic burden to
place them there, and I suspect most would continue to.
Furthermore, to suggest that they should not be given the option of
a wider variety of schools because they might make the "wrong" choice of
not sending their children to SVS strikes me as somewhat fascistic.

Making sure the public schools remain hideous is not an appropriate
way to spread SVS's ideas. We do not need to punish the masses for
their crime of not adhering to our philosophy.

[snip]

--
SwiftRain <swifty@elision.com> -- http://www.elision.com/sr/