Re: the right to purse excellence

Thu, 01 May 1997 09:31:11 -0700

SwiftRain wrote:
<snip>
Vouchers are a step towards
> abandoning central control and funding of the education of children, and
> we can and should support it wholeheartedly without abandoning our
> deeper values.

Well SwiftRain, I am afraid we will have to agree to disagree on this
point.

You are correct that we have the same goal. Anyway Charters and Vouchers
are being tried and we are both young enough that we will see what
results from this latest educational experiment. But it is sad about all
the little children that are being turned off from the pleasures of
learning knowledge and skills and gaining the self responsibility that
Sudbury Valley and other unschooling models allow them to acquire.
Dale

--
Seattle Washington U.S.A.
dale-reed@worldnet.att.net