Re: [Fwd: LOGO-L> Papert and the Internet]

BrownCM@aol.com
Sun, 2 Mar 1997 18:22:33 -0500 (EST)

Dale Reed wrote:
>But what I really was trying to find out is rather the student directed
>schools on this list censor or let the students surf where they will.
>If no one answers I will have to assume that the schools are not as
>student directed as some of them claim to be. Dale

This strikes me as an odd assumption - if no one answers I would assume that
there just didn't happen to be anyone from one of these schools reading the
list at this time who felt like responding or was able to respond. Knowing
what I know about the philosophy behind these schools, and what I think
(based on previous postings you have made) you know as well, I can't think of
any reason to assume that they are misrepresenting themselves in terms of
being student-directed.

Cary