Re: mail check

Tue, 10 Dec 1996 17:40:45 -0800

jlilly, I have not received anything recently from Sudbury nor have I
tried to send anything. What I will do is copy this message and we both
will see if it gets through.

This a test: one, two, three .......

jlilly wrote:

> This is a mail check. I seem to be having trouble connecting with
> duscuss-sudbury....
> Are you having any trouble?
> It's been quiet.

It has been quiet because I have been busy stirring up The Separation of
School and State discussion group. Big responsibility(and no one taught
me either!) I have keeping various discussion groups busy educating me.

By the way Andy Smallman recommended Alfie Kohn to his Alternative
School discussion group or in his PSCS newsletter, I can't remember
which. Very difficult for this old competitive capitalist to get down
his "No Contest The Case Against Competition" and Alfie's other books
but I am trying.

> While I'm here; have you read "The Season of Imagination" (at
> http://www.speakeasy.org/~wasnet/spangler.htm) by David Spangler?

No I had not heard of this book until now but I have your URL already
open behind this mail message and will get back to you about it. Dale