Re: Responsible People

Arie Dirkzwager (aried@xs4all.nl)
Sun, 1 Dec 1996 12:42:47 +0100 (MET)

At 17:27 30-11-96 -0500, Alan Klein wrote:
>Responsibility, imho, is an attitude, a value, and a mindset, not a skill or
>a piece of knowledge. It cannot, therefore, be taught. It can only be
>accepted and practiced.

I have a problem here: "responsibility" as you define it is too
vague a concept to me. There is "response" in responsibility, response to
what? (question or invitation or objection), response to Whom? Those thigns
should be, and can be, "taught" IMHO, and to be and act responsible requires
quite some skills and knowledge to make a proper "response" possible. Any
comments on this viewpoint?

Arie