Responsible People

Sat, 23 Nov 1996 21:25:03 -0800

Msadofsky@aol.com wrote:

> Strangely enough, although it doesn't seem strange to me, these children in
> Sudbury-model schools, most of them, who are responsible for their own
> educations "a few hours a day" are usually responsible for a great deal of
> what happens to them 24 hours a day.

Mimsy it makes an old libertarians heart swell with satisfaction to hear
that somewhere in the world there are children being taught to be
responsible for their own lives. Now if we could cause hundreds of
millions of others to do the same(be responsible for themselves) the
world would be a happier more prosperous place to live.

By the way Mimsy now that I have your attention how about posting Daniel
Greenberg's fine article on the "The Role of Parents at Sudbury Valley
School" from the last newsletter I received from you. Its a dandy
explanation of one of the hard issues about the SVS model for me to
understand. Also he mentions the Separation of School and State
Alliance and I would like to post it on their discussion list so I can
discuss the ideas with them. They are mostly unschoolers operating
under the homeschooling laws all over the world. I am sure the people
in this list would like to read it and maybe discuss its ideas
also. Dale